We are a pediatric therapy clinic in Central San Jose. We provide
Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy to children with various needs. Please browse our website for more information and contact us with any questions.
The giraffe has the largest heart of any land mammal (even larger than the elephant). Due to its
great height, it has an amazing capacity for perspective-taking, which allows it to see the "big picture" and make wise decisions. It is a gentle, kind and likable animal. It is a symbol of empathy, compassion, mindfulness, playfulness and presence.
These values and these qualities are at the very foundation of our clinic.
Here at Laughing Giraffe Therapy, we believe....
- Authentic relationship
and deep connection between therapist and child are the most powerful treatment
- Play is of paramount importance to the processes of learning and development
activity supports overall wellness; including benefits to
physical health, stress management, self-regulation and brain development/maintenance
- A nutrient-dense diet and deep,
restful sleep are crucial to overall health and development
- Children (and adults) benefit enormously
from more time
connected to nature and less
screen time (this is a general statement; we acknowledge that augmentative and alternative
communication devices and tablets are powerful and, in many cases, essential tools for certain people)
- Effective therapy is science-informed and
involvement and professional collaboration
contribute significantly to a successful treatment plan
- Helping children develop mindfulness and
emotional intelligence is one of the greatest gifts we can offer them
- Children need to feel safe, powerful, heard and
- Children need to have choice about what
happens to them
- Parents need support and benefit from practicing regular self-care
- Homework is overrated
- EVERY CHILD IS DOING HER OR HIS BEST ALL THE